Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Implanon Birth Control

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Implanon Birth Control

I am 22 years old, and just recently had implanon birth control inserted into my left upper arm. I am a breastfeeding mother to a 7 month old daughter. I weigh 95 lbs ( a lot of the weight was lost in breastfeeding) and I eat regularly and properly. I am ambidextrous. I am having a couple of issues, and i figured i would use the internet to help me with my problems since my doctor is booked up for the next week. My problems are, I am constantly hungry ( i know i may get the "you can pack on some pounds advice, and I CAN, but I am 5'2 and at this rate I will become unhealthily large) . I cant seem to remember things that happend yesterday, and the biggest is that I AM indeed ambidextrous and im having tenderness in the injection site. Not like when I got the BC, but, the BC itself will push my skin out when i put any pressure on the rod ( i.e Putting my daughter into her crib, resting my arm on my knee while on the floor with my daughter, my husband lightly grabbing my arm) So Im writing to see if anyone else has similar problems because the net doesnt seem to have much for me... Thanks guys  
There is a risk of infection of the area where the implanon has been implanted. This infection may be causing pain. The other symptoms can be due to side effects of the birth control. Get an evaluation done from a gynecologist and discuss about these side effects. If it is due to any infection, then you may need topical and oral antibiotics.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.