Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Implanon and My Period

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Implanon and My Period
I have been on Implanon since June 6th of this year. I was on the depo shot for three months before that. So all together its been almost 6 months. The first month on the shot i had no period at all. But the next month I started and never stoped. I've been on my period for 5 months and it's driving me crazy. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to regulate my periods or stop it? Or do i just need to get the Implanon removed? Please help!!!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that this can certainly be normal with the Implanon.  Sometimes some estrogen can alleviate the bleeding, so you might ask your provider about that.  If that doesn't work, you may need to have the Implanon removed and go back to Depo.
Good luck!
Dr B