Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Implanon and bad side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Implanon and bad side effects

Hello I have been on implanon since March of 2008. I had my daughter on January 26, 2008. And I felt great after I had her. I had all the joy in the world. Well when she was about 3 months old, I decided to get the implanon because I am a young mother, and me and my husband knew we didn't want another little one for a few years at least. Well about 4 months ago, I started having movement in my stomach,and I became very sick. I called my doctor because I though I was pregnant.  We had the test they concluded I was not in fact, my doctor said it takes about 6 months for your body to get used to implanon. So I went on with the birth control method. Recently i have been having tight pains in my chest on both sides, I get hot and sweaty throughout the day, extremely irratible, and very emotional. I also feel pain in the sight it was injected in. I feel great one minute and the next my head is dizzy, and I am sad. Asking myself why all this is going on? I have been having bad symptoms since the beginning. I think all this is side effects, but I wanted to know if people thought I should take it out. And if this sounds like something I should do now, or wait it out. If I do get the implanon taken out, what contraceptive should I use. Thank you so much.
Go to your doctor and discuss other methods. They may push it off as a non-side effect but if you're not comfortable with it I would try something else.