Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Implanon and depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Implanon and depression

Hi everyone am new on here so bare with me, I have had implanon for three years and I had it taken out on Friday, it has expired in February and I had forgotton about it so could have gotten pregnant ;-( but luckily i didnt ;-).  I have been having bouts of depression for the last six years due to stressful life, but since having the implanon taken out I do feel as if a grey cloud is lifting and I dont know if this just coincidence, but I do seem to feel a little bit more relaxed and happier than I have been for the last few years, dont get me wrong im not on top of the world but there is a chink of light from a dark tunnel I have been, violent thoughts to my family that causes extreme anxiety, irritability, tiredness mood swings every day has seemed like a battle for the last few years, I have read other posts on here saying how it has affected them.  I am due to have another one fitted in two weeks I have it in my bag ready but now i am not sure i want to go through with it, the doctor wanted to make sue I was not pregnant before she fitted another one, it just did not click at all that it could be the implanon making me feel like this until it has been taken out, it feels very strange, what do you guys think answers would be very welcome