Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Implanon irregular periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Implanon irregular periods

I had my Implanon put in on the 5th of Oct. I started another period on the 18th of Oct and have had it since. It is light and is either red blood or brown blood. One day it was very watery and just flowed for a few minutes while I went to the bathroom. It stops and goes through out the day and i can go for hours with out wearing a tampon. Should I be concerned that i have had spotting or a period for this long. I don't have enough money to keep going to the doctor and paying my $35 copay unless it is important to go. I have read that Implanon can cause irregular bleeding but does not have examples of what the irregular bleedings can consist of.  I got the implant so my boyfriend and i would not have to worry about me getting pregnant while having sex bc we do not use condoms. Please help me!!!!