Implanon vs. Microlut - Irregular Periods?
I'm 19 years old.

About 5 months i was put on the pill.
After about a week i was taken off the pill because my doctor said that i shouldn't be on it if i get starry migranes as i'm at high risk of stroke.

So i chose Implanon as contraception. And from the minute i got it, i had my period almost all the time. probably with only 2 weeks break within the entire 5 months. it was ridiculous.
I have now been put onto Microlut (the mini pill). I was wondering if anyone knew if this has the same side effects with irregular periods as much as the implanon?

Also, if anyone can give me any information on the new Mirena IUD as that will be my next option if the Microlut fails.
Every birth control method has its own advantages and disadvantages. It is very difficult to decide which method is best for any woman because particular method may suit one woman while it may not suit the other. While on Microlut menstrual bleeding usually occurs at normal intervals and is of normal duration and intensity .Only in few women there may be shortened and lengthened intervals .These changes are common during the first few months of use, but gradually decrease over the next months. Headache, mood changes, heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding are few of the side effects of Mirena.But again few women may have it while others may not have it at all. Consult your gynecologist and have a frank discussion before switching over rapidly to alternative modes of contraception. Do write to us again.
Take care and best luck!