Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Implant + pill problem
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Implant + pill problem

So here's my story:
I've been taking the pill since I was 16 - my dermatologist prescribed it as support for my skin treatment (Yasmin, for acne). Since then, my skin got much better, but I continued to take the same pill for birth control. Last February, I decided to switch the method to hormonal implant (for convenience). I had problems with irregular bleeding since then so in addition to the implant I was prescribed the pill (Microgynon 30) to regulate my periods (a 3 month supply for the summer, because I'm away and can't contact my doctor). I just finished the first month of taking it. This kind of pill had extremely adverse effect on my skin, though. My acne is back and it's really bad. It's a horror.
I still have a two month supply of the other pill I used to take (Yasmin). Is it a good idea to switch back to it since it's better for my skin? Will it work the same way as Microgynon 30?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it would be acceptable to switch to the Yasmin.  You don't need both methods though, so I would also discuss removing the implant.  There are other medications that you could add for you complexion, but it seems that going back to the one that worked for you in the past makes the most sense.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank