Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Implant worries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Implant worries

My friend was telling me that she had the implant done two weeks ago, however had unprotected sex 3/4 days (however he apparently didn't ejaculate inside her) after having it fitted and she's worried she might be pregnant because you're meant to wait 7 days after having it fitted. Admittedly, it's irresponsible of her, however she turned to me because I've just had the implant done too, but my doctor never told me if it was at all possible.. Can anyone help here?
Tags: help, sex, pregnant, implants, worry
It is true that it is advisable to have protected sex after having the implant fitted but if your friend had unprotected sex  then she should wait for her periods and if she misses her periods, she should check the status of pregnancy by getting serum HCG done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
thank you, yeah I'll tell her however I'm really worried about her! The implant makes your periods irregular as I was told when I had my implant done, and I just want to make sure I guide her in the right way so that I make sure she's okay!