Irregular period after contraception
Ive been on yasmin birth control pill for 2 years ive been off it for 2 months and my period is irregular just wondering how long till my period is regular again as we would like to try  for a baby soon
Hi there,
After stopping the pills your body goes back to normal after few days and in fact few women may conceive immediately after being off pills. On the other hand, it can take a few months for your body to start ovulating and menstruating on its own and there may be a delay before the normal menstrual cycles returns seen in women who had irregular periods before taking pills. Since your menstrual cycle hasn't returned to normal after a few months, you will need tests for your hormone levels. Irregular periods could be due to ovarian dysfunction, high levels of stress, extreme changes in weight, chronic anxiety etc.If your periods do not regularize in few months then you may need evaluation. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!