Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Is this normal? Missed period after IUD removal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I haven't had sex with anyone in almost two months.  I had an IUD removed about 5 weeks ago, on April 12.  I have been taking the pill for three months.  I had my period the week after I had the IUD removed, and should have my period again this week but so far, nothing.  I have had a heavy discharge, but no bleeding or spotting.  I did have some cramping yesterday though.  Is this normal to miss a period after an IUD removal, or is there something wrong?
Did you have the Mirena or the Copper IUD? Because of the major hormone change when the Mirena is removed your system will take a few months to get back to normal. Missing a period would be considered normal if you had the Mirena.
I did have the Mirena.  Thanks so much for your help!
I was hoping that I could get some help with this. Ok I had my last period on the 26 of dec 10 and theN I got the Paraguard IUD put in on the 14 of jan 10. I had the normal brown spotting and then I had this bright red bleeding that lasted like a day and and half. I started having bad cramps and then I descovered that the IUD was not in place. I went to the doctor and they took it out on the 27 jan 10 Then once again I had the bright red bleeding for that day. its now the 7th feb 10 and I have not had a period yet. But my last intercourse was the 28 of october. so I cant believe that i could be pregnant. But where is my period. i have had two blood pregnancy test that were negative but im kind of worried that something may be wrong. Can someone help me please?

IUDs will mess with your hormones big time, I would give it at least 6 weeks to worry.

Also I had the mirena and it was falling out, I felt like I was going into labor, my doc said that my uterus was contesting to try and push it out. But after the mirena your periods will not be normal, some things I have read said that they did not get a a normal period for a year! But they say 6 weeks in usually the norm I got my period 3 weeks after removal January 2011
I bleed more & longer than I ever did even pre Mirena after having it out.  I was 2&1/2 weeks into my cycle when I had it removed.  So when would I get my period?  On the day I should've gotten it??  Am I gonna start bleeding all over again In a week??  So confused!!!  Want to get pregnant.  
I got my iud out two days ago and have had no signs of bleeding and i havent had a period in two years since i got the iud put in.  The last time i had sex was 9 days before the iud was taken out.  Could i be pregnant or is my body still needing time? I want to get pregnant but i dont want it to scare me as in all my test show up negative.  What should i do. I talked to my gyno and he told me to start the pill on sunday . But i havent had a period and i have no spotting or anything since i got the iud out. Please help me
Hi i Had My IUD Put In About Over 6 Months Ago Now And i got My Period Few Days After i Got It Put In,But Now I Havnt Had A Period But Im Am Getting Small Amounts Of Discharge Stuff All The Time,Im Still Getting Major Cramps as Like Its Getting Put In Again...Help Anyone Lol