Is this normal
I got the Implanon two weeks ago. And am now a week late, is it normal for impldnon to effect my cycles this soon. I did have a skin reaction where the burise formed a scab and began to burn painfully amd it is now clearing up. So main questiom is:  Is it now to have cycles disturbed so soon?
Irregular menstrual cycles is a side effect of the Implanon and it will take a few months to settle down. If missed periods prolong then You can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests. The HCG (it is a hormone) levels rise only in pregnancy and its presence will confirm the status of your pregnancy due to birth control failure.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

Thank you. I am now two weeks late. And have a doctors apointment on the 5th. I'm just wondering if any one has had similar experiences with implanon