Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Itching

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Itching

I have been having a very uncomfortable itching in the vagina area. Light blood when i wipe myself. I have been stressed out alot, having mood swings lately, and I Am ALWAYS tierd by the time i get home. It is also little swollen down there. It has been about 3 weeks since I Have last Had Sex. Unprotected. Can You Please Tell Me What This Is?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to start with one of the over the counter vaginal pH kits.  This test which you can do yourself will help to decide whether the symptoms you are having are more likely to be caused by bacterial vaginosis or yeast.  If the test indicates that yeast is more likely, you could certainly start with one of the over the counter yeast preparations such as Monistat.  If the pH is more consistent with BV, you are going to need antibiotics and a visit to the doctor is a good idea.  Of course you could simply start with the doctors office too!
Good luck!
Dr B