Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Lo 24 going on 3 months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Lo 24 going on 3 months

I am presently sexually active, but I am also on Loestrine 24 as my form of birthcontrol. With this type of the pill you are suppose to take the pill 24 days a month and then take the iron placebo the other 4 days at which time your period is suppose to come. I have been taking it regularly and have not missed pill but I have completed two cycles without a period in either of the designated times. I have taken a pregnancy test each missed cycle (2 negs as of now). Is this common for females taking Loestrine 24 or has anyone else ever had this experience?
i have been on tricyclen lo, is that the same thing? its a low dose pill, and one month, i did get my period in the deignated time frame of the green pills BUT it was so light that i thought it was implantation bleeding so i went to the doctor and got a test, and luckily i wasn't pregnant, by the way i also have a question regarding this, small but needs answering; are you SUPPOSED to take the green pills, or are they just there so that you never forget to take them???
I'm on the same pill and  I just compl3t3d one cycle abd I had spottin and I got a really light weird peried while on the bron ones..but don't worry everybody reacts diffrently I'm sure your fine
hey im on the smae pill and im having the same problem, on my first month i got my period on timing and i was spotting the whole month and on my 2nd month i havent gotten my period yet, on supposed to get it yesterday i took a test and came out negetive. so im guessing it is normal being that you are doing the same thing sort of, right back =]
I was also on Lo Loestrin and I did not get any period at all. I do have to warn all of you though that I am only 100lbs (as weiht can play a factor) and I had missed one pill here and there and I am currently about 3 weeks from conception of 5-6 weeks pregnant! I will be going in for my first internal ultrasound on tuesday but my hcg levels have risen so it was not a chemical pregnancy and although my hcg levels were low because they doubled every 24-48hrs chances of miscarriage are slim to none at this point.. so PLEASE if taking this pill makes sure it is at same time everyday and DONT miss ANY pills!!!