Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Loesterin 30 -possibly pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Loesterin 30 -possibly pregnant?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been in the situation I'm in currently, and if so, what came of it?

I've been on loesterin 30 for a year now with no trouble whatsoever. I came on the same day in my break every month. However, I stopped taking the pill for my break on thurs 31 and failed to have a period. I am relying on the pill as my only form of contraception and my boyfriend has came inside of me several times in the last month. I never miss the pill and I haven't had any sickness or anything that could have reduced how effective it is. I usually come on on the monday after stopping on the thursday so i took a test on wed 6th and it came back negative. I should probably mention i had mild period like cramp for the last week too. I visited my doctor on friday 8th and she discussed the possibility of pregnancy although it's very low. She wanted me to take another pregnancy test on monday 11th. I couldn't wait though and I took another one today (saturday 9th) and that was also negative. She told me not to start taking the pill again after my break until i have a period because it could effect the pregnancy if there is one. So I should have started to take the pill again last night but I haven't and still no period. However, I've had a dull ache in my pelvis and lower back today and yesterday. Can anyone help me with this? I'm meant to go back to the doctor's regardless of the pregnancy test result on monday, providing i still don't have a period. I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this.
Thank you.
Chances of pregnancy due to birth control failure are always there, although rare. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.