Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Long Periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Long Periods

I have been on a birth control pill for almost three months. My periods last around a week long and are heavy. The pill I am taking is expost to help with this issue. This month I had my cycle on Sept. the fifth. I then started again on Sept. the 13th. Is their an issue I should bring up with my doctor. Why have I started another period in just five days after my last period?
Birth control pills take 3 months to regulate your cycle and since you are still having problems, I'd call your doc and see if it would be best to switch you to a different brand of pill. The pill is supposed to make periods easier and lighter and if it's not doing that, then the pill your on is not the right match for your body. You might need a pill with a different level of hormone in it.