Lost Libido and Implanon
I am a 28 year old engaged mom of two, with a huge problem.  I have lost my libido, I have no interest in sex most times.  Some days I might get a fleeting time of arousal but more times than not, I'm just not in the mood.  This is a recent problem, I would say only starting after the insertion of my implanon. The only other change that has happened is that my fiance and I have moved in together.  I don't know what to do, I consulted my doctor and didn't get any answers there. This issue has been causing fights between us, he doesn't seem to understand that it is not my lack of attraction to him, it's just how I feel.  His thinking is that if I do love him, I should want to have sex as a way for us to be closer and nothing should make me not feel that way.  He's starting to believe that it's him, and no matter how much I tell him it's not, it does no good.

My first question is, whether or not anyone else has gone through or noticed this after getting implanon?  Second question, could it really be the implanon ( as in has it been documented to cause loss of libido)?  And third is if I get it removed, how long should I give it before things kind of go back to normal?  Like I said, we hadn't had an issue before with this.  In fact it took very little to turn me on... Sorry if TMI.  I'm just tired of the fighting, but I don't want to be unrealistic when it comes to getting this thing removed...  

The other side effects I can live with, but this one is making my life hell literally!!
Ive had the same problem & im  20 yrs old with 2 kids. I had the implanon inserted august of last year & since then i been having issues with my husband he is wanting to consult it with a physcologist but i totally disagree plus is an xtra waste of money. I opted for this anticonception because i thought it would be the best option & i prove myself wrong. Its causing alot of problems between hubby & i but Beside that side effect i kindof dont want it removed because i dont feel like takin pills or having anything else put in my private parts. Help please, what to do?
My wife had this stupid implant inserted in her body towards our wedding in July 2012 but since then i have tasted its wrath. fromthe day until now she has never stopped bleeding, leave alone that but kur bedroom is like a wrestling ground. we even fight from the dinning table, church, market place...name it. 2 days ago we had to remove it but it effecfs have intensfied.  I have never had good sex since our wedding and actually for 2weeks i havent been able to taste my wife. she is so depressed but am silently dying too. guys,i wouldnt want to lie to you but the implanon is the worst measure to choose.Better get children than going through this!
I have been wondering the same thing for a while now just haven't given much thought to it being the implanon. Mainly because I enjoy not having my periods (always painful n heavy) I've been reading that the libido loss can b permanent. I have had mine going on yr 4 ( just had it really inserted ) is it possible that the damage for me is permanent
Life has never been the same with my wife since after she put on that Implanon thing. She is dead fridgit and do not even want any touch. Anything that will take away the sex drive like this, from a sexually vibrant woman, must be crude indeed. That thing is affecting our marriage in more ways than one. It is worthless!
I looked this up because i am in the same boat. Its been two months since i had sex since putting the implonan in. I had run out of options pill ruined my hormones and exaggerated my endodemetriosis, depo failed and due to trauma i cant have anything like mirena. I am newly wed (12mths ago) my husband is great at understanding but i miss wanting it and he misses it! Any tips for the libido?..
Hello everyone, I'm a 25 yo guy who is very worried about my girlfriend, she had the implanon implanted before we got together and it seemed to be normal for a time and she quickly became the center of my world. We went out, had great conversations and loved being close. We are both military and while she was out of state she started have an long menstral cycle. When she came back it continued for a total length of one month. Her sex drive before that was normal but while she was away she started saying that she was getting angry with people and felt like she didnt want to be touch. That feeling has contined for almost 2 months now and she is easily set off, we argue about meaningless thing and she has started to push me away. I never though it was the implanon i figured i was just messing up time and time again and found myself hating life. there is no more hugging, kisses have turned into me requesting a kiss instead of it natually happening and cuddling is dead. she doesnt even want to be in the same car as me, she rides her motorcycle to resturaunts when we go out for dinner. I want to sit and talk with her and ask if she would give some consideration to having the implanon removed especially since i and moving out of the country in a few months. I want to propose to the the woman i fell in love with but im being pushed away by a chemical in a 3in plastic tube. Any advise is appreciated
This has been most helpful, I got implanon after the birth of my second child as it was a no worry full proof contraceptive and didn't need to bother with taking pill every day etc so thought it was great, I have no mood swings (PMT) no cramps and have about 2 periods a year so thought it was great, but my sex drive is non existent, I am NEVER in the mood, I put it down to giving birth and a traumatic delivery as I heard this can cause loss of libido but my son is now nearly 3 so I starting thinking I should be over it by now, it was my husband (who has been very understanding) who suggested it could be implanon and I had never even considered it before so I typed it into google and found loads of people complaining about it, I can't believe I've been putting up with this for nearly 3 years, appointment will be getting made to get it removed asap, thanks for all the comments they've really helped me make my mind up
This rod has almost ruined my life. I've had such horrible mood swings/depression while on this that I tried suicide a few times. It made me not want to be touched or around my husband. Sex or romantic notions never were instigated by me and if happened it was because I tolerated it. I loathed him and deep down I knew I didnt. What was wrong with me. I felt horrible and disgusted for letting a great man and father think I didnt love him anymore. This only added to the depression and self loathing. We have had domestic incidences and even caused harm to one another.  I figured maybe I had just fallen out of love with him. Thinking that maybe I was bi-polar we started looking online for answers to my feelings. Nothing was like this 2 yrs ago so we backtracked. Pregnancy? nope. Breastfeeding? Nope.Then it hit us. Implanon? So once we looked online we found this site and after reading all these comments I feel a lot better. It wasnt me! I'm not crazy I do love my husband still! I have an appt to remove it friday 7th. So happy! My life will resume to normal.
I wish I hadve had mine out ages ago as I've had the same problems for near 3 years I'm due to have it changed at Feb but I'm getting it out ASAP an hopefully I get my sex drive back or ill be splitting with my bf as he doesn't understand either!
I feel scared. I had my implanon placed in February of 2012. My sex drive has disappeared and I am so worried. I feel like sex is nasty! I don't want to feel this way! Will my sex drive return if I have it removed?
I have had my implanon out since March 2012 and my libido still has  not returned......... has anyone any solutions to what could help ?? If this is permanent i don't know what i'll do.. desperate at this stage. Only married 4 months.. it shouldn't be like this !!
I bet they also didnt tell any of yall that not only does it make you lose your sex drive like i have lost mine but can also make you bleed for months at a time. They told me that i could bleed for maybe a month or even stop haven a period completely but they didnt tell me you could bleed for three months at a time if not more. I hate this thing and i want it out I rather take a pill everyday but i no longer have insurance on me so i have to deal with it. And like most of yall i got it because i thought it would be great. i have two kids 16 months a part and they told me it was the best out on the market boy were they wrong.
I agree,I have never felt so depressed, my partner thinks I have no desire in him, my bleeding is just or wrong,and definately no sex drive,but after another arguement last night i started trying toremember what I have done that may have causedthis to happen. IMPLANON, and then I found this site,and it has so many simuliar stories. Booked in to have it removed this Sunday. Hope things go back to normal.Thanks everyone for your posts.IM not INSANE after all
This forum has been a life saver for me today, a fue of my friends had the implant in and havent experianced the same symptoms as me, and like many ive read after finding this page and know that we are not alone with all this im ringing the docs in the morning to have mine out. Since being on the implant ive had no sex drive at all, i was late getting it change and those 2 weeks it had run out i was like a dog on heat. Like many of you my relationship is suffering because of this, not because sex is the main thing in a relationship but when it isnt a natural thing and im knackered all thetime ven after 8 hours sleep, and my stress levels towards everyone have sky rocketed, the loss of my grandad weeks after my birthday last year made me depressed but was alot more depressed then i have been as have had depression before. Me and my bloke have been together 8 years this april and have 2 beautiful children, were going through a tuff time at the moment and i think that the problems i am having with this implant are and have added to where we are right now.
Just an update to my previous post, I got my implanon out in early December last year so that's nearly 2 months ago and I would say things are improving slowly, within a couple of weeks I noticed a difference and my sex drive has definitely improved, not back to normal yet but my husband is much happier and so am I.  I just went back on the pill, slightly more inconvenient but will never get Implanon again,  It's just not for me.  I hope you all manage to find a solution as well.
My Wife also got her Implanon out in December, it was her second one and shed been on it for four years. She got off of it because of a low sex drive, mood swings and most other side effects other people have complained about on here. Everything was fine for the first two years but after that her sex drive went way down. Two months later she got her period back and shes alot more  affectionate with me. We switched to condoms which we used to hate, but we found Trojen Bare and they don't bug us at all.
OMG I'm 22 now in this July wud of been my 3rd yr n this thing has really messed my sex life up n my Guy is not happy I really have no desire for sex. I just got it took out last week n started BC pills should I have waited?
Is there any other remedy for it?

horse adventure
I just got home from the doctors.  I asked them to take out my implanon.  They wouldn't!!  I got Implanon one year ago and since then I get two periods a month and I feel my sex drive decreased.  So my doctor tells me that she never heard anyone having a sex drive decreased and that we just go through times in life where we have different sex drive levels and maybe I should seek counseling to find out what works for me to relax me and enjoy sex.  She put me on the pill to help get rid of my period irregularities.  So now I don't know what to do.  Reading the posts on here I feel maybe I am right and Implanon could be a factor.  I feel like why not take it out just to be sure but I don't know how to convince her!!  So I don't know my next step.  
Maybe back to the pill.  I don't mind taking it every day and I am scared of the IUD's.  I never been pregnant and worried the IUD may move and I just don't like the idea of it.   Maybe I will try condoms for awhile just to give myself a break!
DO NOT GIVE UP, call every week, or even every day, telling them how you feel and tell them that you won't give up calling until it is out. I am having mine removed in 2 weeks as im fed up of feeling repulsed when my fiance tries to even touch me. I love him more than anything but cannot stand the thought of sex. So don't give up and you will get it out eventually!!
And I have had mine 2 years and the decreased sex drive has never gone away. Some people get it some don't. If you don't feel comfortable with it, you have every right to have it removed :)

GOOD LUCK XX
I had mine out 2 weeks ago due to weight gain, tiredness and loss of libido! And now I've lost 6lbs , I'm more energetic and I'm back to having sex 5-6 tes a week!! It definitely caused problems for me!! My husband is using condoms at the minute but has an appointment to have a vasectomy x
I began my first relationship and my period around the age of 18, and after I dated my ex for about 9 months, I got the depo shot. During that time while I was on my period regularly and in my first relationship, I had a very high libido although we did not have sex for the first time until I was on the shot. When it came time to get the second shot, I opted for Implanon because I didn't want to worry about making an appointment to get the shot every few months and I'm terrible at remembering to take pills. I have now had the Implanon for nearly two years (it was put in in August 2011) and my life has been an emotional roller coaster. My first relationship ended after a year and a half and after reading some of these comments, I think the Implanon combined with an emotionally abusive relationship based on physical activity have caused a significant decrease in my libido and my emotional well being.  I am now in my third relationship but still have the Implanon, and although I adore my boyfriend and am in a much healthier relationship not revolved around physical activity, I do not have the same sexual desire that I had when I was getting my period naturally.  I also have been going through periods of depression for no reason, which also is not my normal disposition as I usually am cheerful and happy.  Looking at the timeline of my emotional roller coaster and the insertion of the Implanon, I can definitely see where it has likely affected my hormones. I have been driving myself crazy trying to think about why I don't have sexual desire or fantasies and why I feel depressed even though my life is completely normal and relatively stress free. I have wondered if it was Implanon, if I just wasn't attracted to men in general, if I have clinical depression, SADs, you name it, and that in addition to me overthinking everything and being a worrier anyway, I don't know how I have coped with it all. Reading these other experiences is finally giving me an answer and I plan on getting Implanon removed. I hope that this solves everything that has been affecting me since I had it put in because I can't take this anymore! Thank you all for your experiences because I am so relieved to have an answer!
I've had implanon in for about 7 months and I'm crazy tired all the time, moody and I have zero sex drive. Even the discussion of sex annoys me since I never had an issue before. It's getting worse too... I've had non stop periods for 7 months... And as threse are easing up a little, my moods are worsening. Doctors won't tell you this stuff. I'm getting mine out next week.
So pleased to find that I wasn't alone in my experience of Implanon. Had the implant on the advice of the sexual health clinic in 2010, at first my periods were every two weeks and lasted anything from 3-5 days...surprised I didn't get anaemic but stuck with it as I was told it can take anything up to a year to "settle down".

During this first year my sex drive did decrease, probably mostly due to the fact I was always on my period.

Eventually, things did "settle down" with my periods although I wasnt clockwork regular like I always was before. However as the months went by the idea of sex physically started to repulse me. My boyfriend couldn't do anything right, I didn't want to be touched, kissed and couldn't bare the thought of more. I felt like a prude. Like it was dirty and wrong.

The other side affects I had from the implant was sore acne on my upper back and arms, and I noticed how it almost regulated my mood swings, admittedly, I have always had pretty bad mood swings during my periods but I didn't get these while on the implant. Nothing bothered me, I just didn't care about anything really.

I finally had it removed in May of this year after multiple arguments with my boyfriend. Unfortunately for us the damage was done and we broke up in June as I still didn't want sex.

I'm pleased to say however that my feelings towards sex and anything sexual now are not one of revulsion. Things still aren't 100% normal but I'm hoping things will improve in the next half of the year and I thank you all for sharing your experiences, its nice to know we aren't alone :-)
No matter what a doctor says "will be good for you" when it comes to birth control (especially) ALWAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Before you even go in to discuss BC with your doctor, look up info on any bc's you are thinking of using and weigh out the pros and cons. Ask as many questions as possible that you are concerned with. This should help you to chose the right birth control that works in YOUR life, not just what is suggested. Good luck!
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem I got the implanon in January me and my husband had our first son in Oct and wanted to wait for a while to have another one so my Dr said this would be the best thing. Soon after I got it I had no sex drive at all and I'm only 22 and had no problem before and me and my husband fight all the time and we was prefect before now  it's making him want to leave. Does taken it out help?I just want my sex life back and for the fighting all the time to stop. I stay stressed 24 7
I know EXACTLY what you are going through!!! I have had my Implanon for several years and I have absolutely ZERO libido as a result... My boyfriend, who I have been with for about 4 years now, doesn't understand it at all and thinks that something is wrong with me for not wanting to have sex ever (he's even suggested that I might be gay!). I am SO TIRED of the constant fights over sex and really want to know if there is anything that can be done about it... I hate taking birth control pills because I can never remember to take the pill when I'm supposed to, which is why I was drawn to the Implanon - it's something that I don't even have to think about. But this whole loss of libido is taking a serious toll on my relationship and could possibly be the end of it if I don't find a way to fix this soon  :(
hey @jjsangel.....i know you made this post years ago..but i have had this horrible experience also (& im a 21 year old newly wed) :((....It causes so much trouble between me and my husband. i NEVER want to have sex. I just got it taken out a couple days ago. I pray that you will see this to give me an answer...did you ever get your normal libido back and how long did it take?
So did you get your libido back? and if so, how long did it take to come bck?
hello.. does anyone of you feel pain while on sex? and lower abdomenal (puson) pain sometimes? while on implanon....
I got mine taken out 12 days ago. My sex drive was at zero. It took about 3 days and I am all over my husband. He seems so much happier. It was affecting his confidence and our marriage negatively. He didn't believe me that it was the implanon. I'm hoping it will taper off a little as I want sex more than him now! Try to get something without hormones like the copper IUD.
I'm 25 and have had mine in since 2009, 4 years, just got mine out, I had been experiencing fatigue, extreme headaches, and worst of all NO SEX DRIVE!!! My fiance keeps thinking I want nothing to do with him I don't want him to touch me even though the implanon has been taken out, I'm worried my libido will never be the same again!
My girlfriend had a coil fitted because of very heavy periods to the point it was causing anemia. As everyone above has found, my girlfriend has no interest in sex anymore. I would rather she was in good health thou not losing so much blood with the periods. Do feel like our relationship isn't as close anymore thou.

My girlfriend has been on this for a few months now and we have gone from having sex almost daily to having sex once a month. Literally, it's been three times in the past three months (only once sober). I can't take it. I'm being as supportive as possible because I know that Implanon is the only birth control she can take due to a bunch of other problems (she gets horrible migraines with most of the other birth control methods, amongst other things). Reading the comments above, I fear that our relationship is going downhill because of this. As one of you said, you don't even like your boyfriend kissing you or hugging you anymore, and that's exactly where we are right now. And yes, I do feel like she is repulsed by me even though I know it's just the side effects. My question is, since she can't really use any other form without worse side effects, is there anything we can do to increase her sex drive while she's still using Implanon? If not, I'm not sure how much longer we're going to last. The tension has been causing us to fight almost every day now
My girl had the Implanon put in when we were in the UK at the end of 2009.  I didn't really realise it but all the times I thought she was being so difficult.  Its this implant as at night she pushes me away and I know she loves me but she just doesn't feel comfortable.  

Her periods are very irregular.  We have sex when we get the chance but then she is straight back on another period which can last for weeks.  Please guys and girls reply to me, it seems that this is not just a minority here.  We had a new implant inserted in Thailand and no doctor mentioned these side effects (lack of sex drive).  

I am a man, and I have felt so guilty as I need to get off during the periods of no sex, so when when she is ready for sex often, I have let one go the day before, then she thinks I'm not performing well anymore.  Many of our problems could be down to this implant.  

Her periods are very irregular.  We have sex when we get the chance but then she is straight back on another period which can last for weeks.    We had a new implant inserted in Thailand and no doctor mentioned these side effects (lack of sex drive).  

Please get back to me on your feelings.

jamey
The same is going on for me non-stop but with implanon I'm not having any period pains where as before hand I almost fainted from them.
After reading some comments above it has confirmed my fears but also helped me understand mine and my girlfriends situation.

We got together November of last year and from the off had an amazing sex life and became incredibly close so quickly. She has had the implant for about 2 and a half years and around December/January she started bleeding irregularly over the course of 2 weeks. She went on the pill to stop this and for a period of afew days/ a week, we were back to normally and managed to have good sex in that time...then the bleeding started again. We presumed in was that the implant had lost its potency and got it changed.

Since having it changed the bleeding remained irregular so was given a pill of a lower dosage of hormones to be taken 3 times a day to combat the bleeding, which she was told there would be no side effects that would effect sex drive, depression (she's had a history of depression fyi) etc. Since the change we have had little to no sex over the past month. Were currently trying to ween her off this pill to just having the implant to see if its stops the bleeding and that she regains her sex drive back, but naturally I am extremely worried. At the moment she doesnt want to hug me, kiss me or even hold my hand, let alone have any kind of sex with me. This leaves me feeling horrible and helpless, as I know its not my fault but is leaving me feel like complete s***.

We love each other so much but the tension and upset that this is causing its getting unbearable, however I am willing to wait as long as it takes and do what ever it takes to get us back to having a healthy relationship and the strong sexual relationship we once had.

Any help, advice, words of wisdom would be great!
Hi, I'm 24, I have visited this website dozens of times in the past 3.5 years mainly to re-assure myself that i wasn't going mad and that there were hundreds of people going through the same thing. I think it's time i give back now.

This is my story, I had a depo shot 4 years ago it lasted 3 years, I had no idea what was involved or what it would do to me, the next morning I woke up and had a massive amount of anxiety running through me I quit my job that day and stayed in the house for days, I never even thought the shot caused this i just thought it was stress.

A few months later I decided to get the implanon mainly because I didn't trust the pill. (I had just started a serious relationship and we are still together now, i don't know how or why my boyfriend put up with me some of the time). The implanon was fantastic at the start, until I kept having these panic attacks and random bouts of deep depression i would cry at work secretly or in the shower, anywhere everywhere. I had previously had depression as a teenager but it was nothing serious. This was beyond anything i had ever experienced, and i can tell you it lasted the whole time i was on the implant, until maybe the last 3 months.

The implant without a doubt changed my personality (this sounds insane but i think it made me a more considerate and compassionate person because i understood a lot more about depression, and i'm grateful for experiencing that, i also do a lot for my boyfriend because i know i've been a bit of a cow in the past.) honestly though, it put me in a very very dark place, I considered taking my life at one point and I would not be surprised if a lot of people on the implanon would feel the same.

I tell people i have the implanon and every single person i have told that knows what it is knows somebody with the implanon who has completely changed as a person.

My implanon was due out at the start of this year, the doctor couldn't locate it and I had to wait 4 months to go into hospital to get it out, I had it out 4 days ago, It was a bit of a struggle it was attached to some nerves and I felt quiet a bit of pain, most people don't go though this. I was one of the people who was scared that i'd still feel insane once i got the implant out, but i can tell you it's day 4 and i'm feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders. The first 24 hours weren't great i felt fairly anxious and depressed i think it was my body adjusting. now i feel great, i was considering getting the implant back in while they were taking it out (stupid idea) lucky i didn't because that thing really did mess with my body and mind.

I'm not on any birth control at the moment i will go on the pill in a few weeks. (my mother and sister both said they were sensitive to hormonal birth control so i might end up feeling the same on the pill who knows)

My advice would be get that thing out, i know it's hard and i know everyone wants to wait it out, it might work, it also might mess up your life more than it is now. I experienced, lack of energy, depression, anxiety, personality change, bloating and other things. I however didn't gain weight i lost it, mainly through anxiety I also ended up with normal-ish periods by the end.

There are articles explaining why this implant is so bad for your body. I think it was too strong for my body i am 52kg and 5'4, i feel that at the start too much was being released and i was just overwhelmed. It's also fairly awful to have no break from hormones at all for 3 years. I think the implant made me gain a distrust for doctors, none of them seemed to be concerned with what i was going through and all told me it had nothing to do with the implant, most women know their bodies well enough to tell where there moods are coming from, these moods were just not me. I was also tired a lot and i did have massive dips in libido.

I feel for every one of you that are struggling with the implanon or nexplanon, it's hard and it seems like the right idea at the time.
Ughhhh my life has been ruined thank god I've found this article because now I can show my bf in let him know I've found the answer to are main problem. I'm so relieved to know I'm not the only one experiencing this!!! Because if he breathed a certain way I would get pissed.... and sex? What sex? Everyday he'd ask can we have sex today? Can we have sex today? Why can't I touch you? Why aren't you attracted to me anymore? Can we do it? NOOOOOOO UGH LEAVE ME ALONE lol the story of my life but I REALLY REALLY HOPE getting this takin out will improve and increase my libido.... Good luck everyone!!!
I'm so glad I found this! I have had the implant for 8months and for the last 3 have been going through hell. My boyfriend is so patient but I'm scared that soon he'll loose interest in waiting. I wouldn't wish this on anyone but am so glad that I'm not alone. Got my appointment to have it removed next week. I've been moody and sleepy as well as not wanting sex, my body has started to reject it. I hope so much that things will go back to how they were! Fingers crossed.
I know this forum is a little old, but figured I'd throw in my two cents. I got the Implanon in November of 2012 and I did the full 3 years with tons of side effects that didn't really bother me at the time. November of 2015 I got a new one and it seemed the side effects increased exponentially. So I had it removed Jan 4th. I'm one month post (which seems to be the longest "post" time) and still not even a resemblance of normal. I have digestive issues, menstrual issues, and low libido that I know are all caused from the birth control. I'm currently looking into Addyi to see if it'll help with increasing my arousal. But as far as I can tell from all my research there isn't anything to be done except to wait and see if our bodies will regulate themselves back out. For those who are interested I will come back in a couple months to update on how I'm readjusting.
Oh my gosh this explains so much. Big love out to all the guys looking out for their girlfriends who are going through this, you're all amazing! So I got the implant in 2012, I would have been 18, I was in my first real relationship. I didn't notice anything first of all, Except that I had no periods or pms: it was amazing. But the relationship got progressively more rocky, with myself losing interest. I just had no feelings at all. Since then I had a few flings but I would say it's actually got worse as time has gone on, I've now been in the implant for four years and haven't had sex in over two years. And don't get me wrong I'm 22, at university, love sport, have a great social life and have had some amazing and really sweet guys chase me down: including a race driver, helicopter pilot, army officer and surf instructor. But I honestly have no interest in that area. It's like I've gone asexual. I can't imagine what it's like for you girls in relationships going through this. It's been fine for me, I''ve just kept busy with my degree and sports. But now reading all these posts it makes sense. It's tempting to keep it in for the final year of uni so I don't get distracted! I think I'll book an appointment with my nurse. Good luck ladies and you fine gents looking out for your girls. Will keep you up to date xxx
I would love to hear a follow up. I am scheduling to get mine (Nexplanon) removed next month and hoping my libido goes back to normal. Thank you so much for all of the recent input. Sounds like the side effects have all been the same since 2009 when the first post was submitted.
I just fought with my fience now with it, i don't have any feelings  when it comes to sex, and its not that i don't love him i do but i have low sex drive when he start to touch me i just falls asleep i just get tired i don't know why. I would say maybe i need something new but no i don't have any kind of feelings when i see other man because i love him just that libido is my biggest problem and ihave the implanon i want to take it out then i will take from there.
I just got my implanon removed last Tuesday! I refuse to get back on hormonal birth control! I had it in 2.5 months after having my third child. So: March 2014 inserted. Jan 3, 2017 removed! In the time that I had it I have gained 30lbs. Got up to 10lbs heavier than my to full term pregnant weight. My hair started falling out within a month of getting it. I had irregular cycles that lasted for months at a time. My libido was non existant. I also felt extreme fatigue and blamed it on nursing school and being a mom of two small chidlren. My acne got considerably worse. Terrible mood swings. I also did not want my husband touching me most of the time. I also had a TIA (ministroke) in October 2014...6.5 months after having the implanon inserted! I am ecstatic to have it removed and the new dr who removed it said I should have been told to have it removed due to the TIA! I told her that I was so serious at the time about not being pregnant that I bargained with the dr to let me stay on it if I took a baby aspirin a day. Thankfully I did not have another one. But my kids are 15months apart and at the time they were just 1 and 7 months. I really did not want to pregnant! Fast forward- the weight gain, the bleeding constantly, the fatigue, and utter miserable feeling most of time- I went to have it removed to start my new year off right. I graduate this spring and will be getting a tubal after now being told that the only safe birth control for me would be an IUD. Which I don't want - hormonal or not! I dont want ANYTHING else foreign inside of my body. I wish I had gotten them tied. I had no idea birth control could be so damaging to your body. I will never ever do it again. Im at day 5 and my sex drive is back with a vengance. But I have abstained and we are waiting for my cycle to return so that we can use protection AND the fertility awareness method. I will be so excited to weigh myself in a few weeks also, to see how much weight I have lossed. I feel so free. No more of a prisoner in my own body. Implanon was NOT for me!
I'm so relieved to hear that I'm not alone in this, I had mine for nearly a year now, I got it removed today I'm so glad I did. After few months of putting in I noticed that I don't want to have sex any more which leads to problems with my bf of 3 and a half years I couldn't take it so I break up with him, now I'm single for few months and i have no interest in meeting anyone. I told my DR about it and she told me that is nothing to do implanon and advice me to go therapy. This thing ruined my life and I can't wait for new start  and hopefully new romance
Iv almost done the full 3 years of my implant but I'm ready to call the doctors to get mine removed ASAP first of all iv put on so much weight but the worst of it is iv almost lost my relationship, I feel is quite happily go without sex for the rest of my life, iv gone of cuddles kissing alsorts my partners just gets the go away, which is putting a lot of awakwardness between us this has been going on for about a year now, iv. Been accused of not loving him anymore, having an affair, even he's talked about leaving as we're not the same anymore. I know I still love him of course but right now I don't want a sex life. Every now and then I feel as tho I should just so he feels better but he knows I don't enjoy it. I need to get this out and get my family back on track.