Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Mircette and Headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Mircette and Headaches

I have been taking Yaz for 3 years, but due to the recent info on it having higher chances of blood clots, I was changed over to Mircette.  The good news is I have not had many major side effects, except for one: Headaches.  This was at first very slight and barely noticeable, but now they are bordering on migraines.  These are also over my entire head - sometimes even migrating around during the day (such as on my temple, then the side or back of my head).  Is this a concern or normal when changing birth controls?  I have only been on Mircette for a few weeks, so I dont want to be over reacting, but I also dont want to ignore something which might be very important.  Thanks so much!!
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Mircette can cause headaches, migraines as its side effects. These effects are usually common in the first few months of starting the pill. If the symptoms are severe or persistent it is advisable to consult a doctor. Other causes of headaches like migraines, raised blood pressure, cluster headches, tension headaches, raised intracranial tension should also be ruled out. I sincerely hope it helps. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!