Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Mirena

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Mirena
I've had Mirena for almost 5 years took it out on Dec. 3rd How long are you suppose to bleed and what symptoms to watch for?!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that every patient is different, but usually the bleeding won't last longer than about a week at most.  Women resume their cycles at different rates.  Some do right away and others take 2-3 months, but most are back to baseline by then. Nothing else of TOO much note really, some women do feel a definite change in their hormone levels when the IUD is removed.
Good luck!
Dr B
Dec 3rd 2012