Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Mirena IUD please Help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Mirena IUD please Help!!

Ok I'm 25years old with two kids. I have a 4yr old and a 2yr old. I got the mirena iud put in Sept 2010 although it was very painful to have put in I have been very pleased with it up to now. I know some of the things that can happen is have shorter periods or have it dissapear all together. So my periods got shorter and lighter which is great! But its been like two months that I get my period on time but now I'm spotting like 2weeks later. I feel like I gained a little bit of weight I'm of a very slim body so I was able to tell right away. I don't wana think that I can be pregnant? I've been having the IUD for almost 3yrs. What can it be? Can someone help me please.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
With a mirena in place the chances of a pregnancy are less. The bleeding can be considered as due to the IUD. You just need to check whether the IUD is in its proper place. If not then a home pregnancy test can be taken.
Hope this helps.