Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Mirena IUD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Mirena IUD

I had my mirena iud removed last friday (Jan 13th 2012) while i was on my period. My question is has anyone else had this done while they were also on theirs and if so how long did it take to conceive. My husband and i are hoping to conceive asap. My doctor said it was ok to try right away because i had my period the whole time i was on it (about a year and a half) so he said it shouldn't of affected my uterine lining.
Your fertility returns to normal as soon as you get Mirena removed. But it is advisable to wait for one normal period after getting the IUD removed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.