Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Mirena IUD

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Mirena IUD

I have had my iud for about 6 months now and I have a few questions. First of all when I do have my cycle it seems to be very heavy & contain a lot of Clottage looking blood. Is that normal? I also bleed for like 2 weeks at a time. My biggest concern is when I was using the restroom earlier this morning I was wiping and I felt the string hanging all the way out of my vagina... Is this ok because I have  never been able to feel it before today.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you should see your doctor ASAP.  Your IUD may be in the process of being expelled.  If the IUD is not in the proper location, it won't function properly and you are at risk of pregnancy.
Good luck!
Dr B
i had my mirena for about 3 yrs and got it removed may 29th and have not recieved my period but my friend got hers out and got her period 3 day later but at home pregnancy test say negative what should i do??
Hi just wonder im about remove iud this friday . We are bout to have another baby. Wonder it will be long tine to process get pregnancy or not?
I got my iud removed n got prego in less thn 2 weeks now I'm 20 weeks prego wit a healthy baby boi... but it took my friend 10 months to get prego whn she took hers out... so it depends on the person everyone is different...