Missed periods, no sex
I have been on Loestrin24fe for almost a year and haven't had sex in over a year. I went on birth control for irregular periods and borderline PCOS. The last 2 months I haven't had a period...should I be concerned? I was going to give it one more month before I called my doctor about it. I take the pills within the same 2hr window every night.
Hi there,
Pregnancy is the commonest cause of missed period. Since you did not have sex since a year it is ruled out.Stress, significant weight loss/gain, eating disorders all can lead to missed periods. PCOD can be one of the possibilities in your case since you have already been suffering from it. Hormonal imbalances, thyroid disorders should also be ruled out. You will need a clinical examination and evaluation for above mentioned conditions. Seek medical help. Do write to me again with more details.
Best luck and regards!