Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Morning after pill allergic reaction?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Morning after pill allergic reaction?

I had protected sex by using a condom, however, when exiting the condom fell off...the opening was still on the outside and I wasn't aware until he had made me aware. I was concerned and purchased Next Choice and took it 48 hours afterwards. I was on birth control 2-3 months before this instance but was experiencing extreme joint pain, flushing, and slight shortness of breath. I took the first dose at 2 P.M. and currently am experiencing slight shortness of breath. I am scheduled to take the 2nd pill at 2 in the morning. Should I cancel this because this is a sign of allergic reaction? Would the 1 pill be effective enough or without taking the 2nd dosage it would not work?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that you are probably not having a reaction to the morning after pill, and it is probably safe to take the remaining pill.  If your symptoms persist though, it would be good to check in with your doctor to determine what they are about!
Good luck!
Dr B
I must add that the condom did not seem to have any escaped semen, but at the top (not outside the entrance) some seemed to have gotten near the top.