Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Morning after pill yeast infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Morning after pill yeast infection

Hi, I took the morning after pill and began having symptoms of a yeast infection one week later.  I have taken Diflucan 200 mg x 2 and just went back to my gynecologist and I still had the yeast I am now using Terconazole 80 mg suppositories.  Is this something that will eventually resolve or am I looking at having a chronic yeast infection from using the morning after pill which changed my PH levels from the high dose of synthetic hormones?  Is there any other suggestions of what I should do to help resolve the infection?
thank you.
You may be having recurrent yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis, which typically causes swelling, redness, and itchiness of the vaginal area.  It also causes a curd-like vaginal discharge. There may also be skin involvement wherein the skin around the vaginal area also becomes infected and become red and have rashes.  Try to avoid wearing tight underwear and pants.  Wear cotton underwear as much as possible and maintain proper hygiene.  It would be best to see your Doctor so a pelvic examination can be performed.  You may need antifungal pessaries.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.