Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
My wife is having problems

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

My wife is having problems

Hello, my wife was on depo for about 2 years and has been off for 8 months. She has been having minor problems until now.

The first symptoms were morning sickness, and tender brests and irregular bleeding. But I know those are all symptoms, and she is now getting dizzyspells and feeling of passing out, nausea, vomiting, loss of apatite, and diarea (diarrhea). I have been trying to get her to go to the hospital but she knows it's just the depo so I'm searching for answered so I know if she needs to go or not.
Hi!
If your wife was my patient, I would do a complete work up and probably refer her to a gastroenterologist.  Her symptoms are almost certainly NOT related to the depo at this point.  She could contact her gynecologist or the clinic where she got the depo.  She probably does not need to go to the hospital, but definitely needs to see a doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B