Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Necon
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Necon

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

First, let me explain some history. I started my period when I was only 12 years old. I was in my 6th grade elementary school. It was very rough. That part of me developed early...however, I can admit that I never got boobs until I got on birth control. My periods were always very normal at the end of every month but with very heavy cramping and bleeding up until I turned 17 and I got put on birth control. I began taking the pill called Necon.

Immediately after taking Necon, I began having problems. I was not only having one period a month but sometimes 2,3,or even 4. Usually I would have 2 regular ones a month with only one week of non-periodness in between and then I wold have spotting or breakthrough bleeding the weekends when I wasn't having anything. My doctor played with my script several times and nothing seemed to happen.

Well, after finally opening up and talking to some other ladies older than I am they had advised that I got off the pill. I didn't listen to them but was weighing out the options when in the beginning of February, I had a period that I thought was going to kill me. I was already used to being anemic but this was the heaviest one I ever had...it only lasted for 5 days. But during those five days, I was terribly nauseus. I had to use a heating pad and everything else.

Now, that I quit taking my birth control...I believe I should have had my period at the beginning of March. I haven't had one yet. It will be March 8th tommorow. I have already taken  2 pregnancy tests that could be taken up to five days before a missed period and they were both false.

Could I be having these symptoms of going from having way to many periods to none at all just from the sure fact of getting off birth control. Besides that, what other symptoms may a person have due to getting off of birth control?

Is there something more I should be worried about?

Thanks,
Madison