Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Need advice on periods and IBS (or just stomach pain)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I have Irritable bowl syndrome and not sure if anyone has this same problem. I'm on birth control but have alot of break through bleeding and I am not suppose to have a period at all. So my question is does anyone have IBS and it gets REALLY bad (pain) when you have your period or break through bleeding while on the pills?
I never did when I was on birth control. but when I missed a pill I did have breakthrough bleeding. and that was painful. I wish I could be more help to you.
What you sound like you might have is intestinal Endometriosis. I was misdiagnosed with IBS for 17 yrs and my bowels were covered in lesions etc. I also had a recto-vaginal cyst that had to be removed and that caused the most pain for sure.

I would go see a gyno and ask for advice from them. Maybe going on the BCP continuously without a break to see if it helps or not.

The only thing I can say is that the pain was excruciating for me and only got better after having surgery and the Endometriosis removed
See & that's what I thought..I had a pap about a month ago & I told her about the pain n she said since I've been on birth control I couldn't have it..I was diagnosed about 13yrs ago but it just doesn't seem right the awful pain during my period..should I see a specialist?
yes you should see a specialist in Endometriosis not just a regular gyno because if you are having rectal/intestinal pains than a surgeon that specializes in removing it off the intestine is important. Most surgeons will not remove it because they don't have the experience.

Make sure the surgeons excises not just laser.

I am telling you there are so many uneducated doctors out there with this disease it makes me so angry.

I gotta check that out bc I've been suffering for years with this!