New to NuvRing!!
Hi I am a 17 year old female and I had recently gotten the birth control NuvaRing and I have not use this type of birth control before and I'm really confused on when is the appropriate time to insert the ring? the women at the clinic told me the day after my menstrual cycle but when I picked up the NuvaRings at the Pharamist she wasn't really known with it either but we went over the instructions and it said to insert the ring the first day of your cycle? So I'm confused and I want to use this method right because I have no intentions on getting pregnant for having kids anytime soon. Should I use condoms in addition after inserting the NuvaRing? Can you feel it after inserting? Can my partner feel it during intercourse? Will I feel it? Will it slip out? I'm extremely confused!!! I would apperciate the assistance!!
Hi there,
Before inserting Nuvaring it is important t to make sure you are not pregnant. If you insert it on the first day of your cycle it will work immediately but if you start on days 2-5 of your cycle you may need to use an extra method of birth control like male condoms or spermicide for the first seven days of Nuvaring.In case it slips out rinse Nuvaring with cool-to-lukewarm water and reinsert it as soon as possible, within 3 hours at the latest. You will still be protected from pregnancy. It is possible that your partner may feel it or it may fall out during sex. If you are still confused about the choice of contraceptive consult your gynecologist and discuss all your doubts. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and take care!