Birth Control (Contraception) Community
New to birth control and late with period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New to birth control and late with period

I started taking birth control two months ago and I just finished my second pack.  I was late with my period when I finished the first pack but I had some spotting and started my normal period a couple days later.  This month is the same deal but no spotting yet.  My boyfriend and I do use condoms during sex when he wants to ejaculate, after that we're done and don't have sex again for about a day.  I don't believe it's pregnancy since we have been careful.  What I was wondering is if the hormones in BC is affecting my late period.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
946578_tn?1258666887
My periods were very different once I started birth control.  The first time I got on birth control I didn't have a period for 9 months.  Your body just needs to adjust to the hormones.  If you are stressing about it that can cause it to be late.  Any stress can.  To ease your mind go grab a preg test and see what it says but I am sure you are ok.  Just make sure you take your pills at the same time every day.  After a while your body will get used to it and you will become more regular.
Blank
983641_tn?1307299122
Thanks.  I did grab a test and it came out negative.  I figured that it was just my body adjusting and stuff but I wanted to ask around since I'm still new to this.  Thank you so much for your reply!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...