Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Non hormonal contraception?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Non hormonal contraception?

Hi all....I'm posting just to get some other peoples experiences and advice on this...
I react pretty badly to hormonal cotraception (the pill, patch, neuvo ring, merena coil) and I've been with my partner almost a year...i HATE condoms but of course they're a necessary evil or at least have been untill now, I was thinking about getting the copper coil fitted as it seems to be a semi long term solution, diaphram wasnt an option as i have a tilted cervix and it just wasnt working for me or if anyone else has any other ideas or experiences?
Calender methods or anything like that arent an option either as my partner would be too nervous about them (and we all know what that can lead to!)
I'm not in any rush about this, just gathering information before i make a decision (I have to have a LLETZ procedure done in september anyway and I'm presuming i couldnt have a coil fitted before that) but any comments would be apreciated :) thanks
I had a copper IUD and it was good for me.  The down side was that for about a year I had very heavy bleeding.  This can cause anemia.  I was okay with that and got through it, but then at the end, my boyfriend actually caused the thing to move.  It started to hurt, and I had to get it out.  It happened because he is big and was getting into the cul-de-sac next to the cervix.  It is great unless you have an IUD, and then it can push the IUD out of place.  There was a bit of pain when it got removed, but it went away and I recovered quickly.  It worked well for about 5 years.