Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Noriday
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Noriday

I started taking noriday birth control pills on friday night after coming back from family planning. My doc specifically said 7 days after takin the pills i will be completely safe. A week later on saturday night i had unprotected sex. By then it had been 7 days so i thought it was fine
After i went home i read on the info packet about the pills, that you need to wait 14 days?
Was 7 days enough or should i get a preggy test?

Btw first pill. No other pills ever taken
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise a pregnancy test for reassurance.  If you took all of the pills of the first week exactly as directed, it should have prevented ovulation this cycle, and you should be OK--BUT in my office, we usually tell people to use a back up method for the first month.  This is probably over kill, nevertheless, better safe than sorry!
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank