Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Noriday

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Noriday
I started taking noriday birth control pills on friday night after coming back from family planning. My doc specifically said 7 days after takin the pills i will be completely safe. A week later on saturday night i had unprotected sex. By then it had been 7 days so i thought it was fine
After i went home i read on the info packet about the pills, that you need to wait 14 days?
Was 7 days enough or should i get a preggy test?

Btw first pill. No other pills ever taken
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise a pregnancy test for reassurance.  If you took all of the pills of the first week exactly as directed, it should have prevented ovulation this cycle, and you should be OK--BUT in my office, we usually tell people to use a back up method for the first month.  This is probably over kill, nevertheless, better safe than sorry!
Good luck!
Dr B