Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Nuva Ring gone??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Nuva Ring gone??

I've been using the Nuva Ring since February & have had hardly any issues with it. However, when I used the bathroom the other day I noticed that my Nuva Ring was gone! Let me just say I am the type of person who checks & then re-checks things to make sure everything is secure. Anyways...

My period just ended Tuesday & before I removed my tampon I checked to make sure the ring was still in place...it was. I checked afterwards too & it was still in place. When I woke up Wednesday morning & used the bathroom I felt for it & it was still there. I took a shower later that day but I didn't bother to check if it had moved or anything as I was rushing to take my son outside. I felt some cramping & soreness down there but I had worked out earlier in the day so I figured the cramps were probably from my work out & the soreness might have come from removing the tampon. I didn't check the rest of the day figuring I would be fine since I had felt it that morning.

Thursday afternoon as I was in the process of washing up, I decided to check to see if it was still in place. To my shock it was gone & I don't know how long it had been gone. I figured it must have slipped out when I removed my tampon but I remembered feeling it afterwards. I tried to see if maybe it had been pushed up a lil further or if I hadn't felt far enuff & nothing was there. Since then I've been having mild cramps, a migraine, nausea, and hot flashes. Could it have slipped out while I was showering & I didn't notice it & what could have brought these symptoms on?
  • nuva ring (6 replies):
    I was just curious if anyone had any comments on this fo...[more]
  • neuva ring (1 replies):
    i have been using the neuva ring for 1 month... from the...[more]
  • Nuva Ring
    Am 24 years old and have been on the nuva ring for almos...[more]
  • Nuvaring?
    Hi there, please help if you can, I have been on nuva...[more]
  • NuvaRing
    I am using the nuva ring for the very first time and it ...[more]
If its not in, obviously it came out somehow and somewhere. Sometimes, they can slip out when you have  a BM.  Not the shower, or you'd have seen it right on the shower floor.

See your gyn if you aren't 100% sure whether its in or out.  Don't have  unprotected sex until you resolve the issue.  

If you miss your next  period, take a pregnancy test.