Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Nuva Ring

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Nuva Ring

Hi, I just started using nuva ring and a couple days after i got a yeast infection. Can nuva ring cause that or could it be that i was on augmenton for 3 days?
I dont know, but im on nuvaring and never got a yeast infection.
i used to have nuva ring, and i had noticed i started having UTI symptoms, it burned when i peed, my abdomen hurt really bad. the doctors kept giving me antibiotics telling me that it was a UTI and that it wouldnt last. After having a "UTI" once a month for a year. I went to see my gynecologist and she advised me to remove Nuva ring. I did so and since then i feel really good. ive been off it for a little over 3 months and i will never go back to it. Also, Nuva ring affected my sex drive! i NEVER wanted it lol. me and my boyfriend got fed up with this too. so nuva ring went bye bye.
        My advice to you is to go to your doctor, and check it out. if its a yeast infections, treat it. and if it happens again soon, remove that nuva ring!

Good Luck!