Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Nuvaring and Endometriosis

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Nuvaring and Endometriosis
I've been on Nuvaring for 9 months doing it so I only get my period 4 times a year.  Took ring out on early on a sunday (was supposed to take it out 3 days later on a wednesday), because it seemed my period was chomping at the bit. was spotting a lot and crampy, but not a full blown period.  Normally it's very obvious as I get two full days of terrible awful cramps.  It's friday and I havent gotten the official period yet.  The endometriosis pain hurts so much its shooting down my legs, back is killing me, stomach feels like im gassy or constipated or something.  I was getting crampy off and on, and I had two ovarian cysts burts a few years ago so I keep thinking if the pain is related to something like that too.  Theres so much going on down there I can't tell what's what. Despite probably not being the most fertile person on the planet, I still worry about that being the reason for all this.  I'm not sure what is going on or what to do.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to call me so that I could talk you through some of this.  I would first address the pain, and try to control it with your favorite medication (hopefully nothing narcotic).  The next thing I would do is address the bowel issue and see if some fluids, fiber, Miralax or something might help.  Somewhere in this scheme, I would also want to do a pregnancy test, to rule that out.  Once we had all of this done, if you were still having problems, I would suggest an ultrasound to look for the thickness of the lining, and/or any ovarian cysts.
Give your doc a call!
Dr B