Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Nuvaring and Endometriosis
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nuvaring and Endometriosis

I've been on Nuvaring for 9 months doing it so I only get my period 4 times a year.  Took ring out on early on a sunday (was supposed to take it out 3 days later on a wednesday), because it seemed my period was chomping at the bit. was spotting a lot and crampy, but not a full blown period.  Normally it's very obvious as I get two full days of terrible awful cramps.  It's friday and I havent gotten the official period yet.  The endometriosis pain hurts so much its shooting down my legs, back is killing me, stomach feels like im gassy or constipated or something.  I was getting crampy off and on, and I had two ovarian cysts burts a few years ago so I keep thinking if the pain is related to something like that too.  Theres so much going on down there I can't tell what's what. Despite probably not being the most fertile person on the planet, I still worry about that being the reason for all this.  I'm not sure what is going on or what to do.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to call me so that I could talk you through some of this.  I would first address the pain, and try to control it with your favorite medication (hopefully nothing narcotic).  The next thing I would do is address the bowel issue and see if some fluids, fiber, Miralax or something might help.  Somewhere in this scheme, I would also want to do a pregnancy test, to rule that out.  Once we had all of this done, if you were still having problems, I would suggest an ultrasound to look for the thickness of the lining, and/or any ovarian cysts.
Give your doc a call!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker