Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Nuvaring and penis swelling?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Nuvaring and penis swelling?

I started the nuvaring about 8.5 months ago.
My boyfriend and i have noticed a day or so after we have intercourse that there is a swollen ring right below the head of his penis, and its quite itchy and irritated.
Could this have to do with my nuvaring?
Could it be from direct trama like rubbing?
Or could it be an allergic reaction?
Again this has only been a problem since i have been using Nuvaring, and am quite concerned.

I've done some research but haven't really found anything helpful.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
It can be due to friction rub or chafing with the nuva ring or due to allergic reaction to the Nuvaring or the vaginal lubricant if you are using any. Use a water based lubricant like KY jelly or indulge in plenty of foreplay so that there are less chances of an allergic reaction.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Same happened to me. Swollen right side of the penis after having sex two times with my wife, without removing the nuvaring. It doesn't hurt and it isn't irritated, just size increased, like irritated ganglions. Now I'm worried about cancer and if it doesn't go away in 5 days, I'll go check it ... :((