Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Off Depo

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Off Depo

Hello. I'm 20 years old. I got off depo for 8 months now and I still haven't had my period yet. I was wondering does getting off depo affect my hormones and do I ever going to my period?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the effects of depo can last for up to 18 months, so it is not uncommon to wait awhile before you start cycling again.  Once you do start cycling regularly again, your fertility will be back to baseline.  If your periods were not regular before you went on depo, they may not be after.  If not, you may need help in the form of fertility medications such as Clomid to help you conceive.
Good luck!
Dr B