Oops! 8 day placebo break... How dangerous?
Hi all!
I have a doubt about the placebo week. I admit I do a sloppy work taking my pills, usually forget to take them at the same time everyday, sometimes even miss one so I take two together... But I have been taking them that way for years and never got pregnant.
Well, this time, I took my 7 day placebo break and the day I was supossed to start the next pack, well, I forgot.
So basically, instead of 7, I took an 8 day break.
What are the chances that I got pregnant for just missing that one extra day? I did have sex, I'm newly married so we're in the "sex pretty much everyday" phase.

Thank you for your input!
Hmmm.  If you are young and your system is raring to go, maybe maybe maybe it would let an ovulation pop up if you go 8 days instead of 7, but it doesn't seem very likely.  If you want to be ultra-careful, use condoms this month.  In the meantime, look on your pill packet and get the 800 number, and call them and ask this question.
Since you have missed the birth control pill by one day after the placebo pills, so you can start with the birth control pills again as regular and not earlier or later. You can use condoms as additional birth control measure for 1 week of starting the next pack.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.