Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Ortho tri cycle lo weird body cramps ,calf

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Hello i'm 19 and do not smoke.
I started Otc on the 6th of october on the 19th i noticed tingles on my lef calf and pain, being warned of blood clots i went to the ER and they scanned my leg and found nothing. The next night my right leg started doing the same thing so i went ot the ER again this time they performed a blood test for Clots and found nothing. My calf and the back of my knee feels like a pulled muscle and my arms and ,muscles feel sore. I went to see my doctor today and she said all my reflexes were normal and that i should stop Otc and wait a week to see what happens. Can anyone tell me what this might be or if they have experience something like this before on otc. Otc is the fist bc pill or any type of bc i ever tried so i am new to this and have never had bc hormones in my body before. I'm very and scared.. :(
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that I have had several patients feel as though they had increased leg cramping and tingling after starting oral contraceptives.  Usually this is something that improves with time.
I would encourage you to try the pills again, and stick with them for 3 months if possible--that should be enough time for most of the major side effects to disappear.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you very much. I was extremely worried that it could be something serious such as an unnoticed blood clot. I figured it could have been the pills since ever since i started i have been having a lot of aches in pains and lots of body parts :/