Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Ortho tri cyclen lo , muscle pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Ortho tri cyclen lo , muscle pain?

Hello i'm 19 and do not smoke.
I started Otc on the 6th of october on the 19th i noticed tingles on my lef calf and pain, being warned of blood clots i went to the ER and they scanned my leg and found nothing. The next night my right leg started doing the same thing so i went ot the ER again this time they performed a blood test for Clots and found nothing. My calf and the back of my knee feels like a pulled muscle and my arms and ,muscles feel sore. I went to see my doctor today and she said all my reflexes were normal and that i should stop Otc and wait a week to see what happens. Can anyone tell me what this might be or if they have experience something like this before on otc. Otc is the fist bc pill or any type of bc i ever tried so i am new to this and have never had bc hormones in my body before. I'm very and scared.. :(
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is good that you have ruled out deep vein thrombosis and embolism by getting yourself evaluated. Calf muscle pains can be due to circulation problems, knee joint problems, and other conditions. Calf muscle strain,plantaris muscle rupture,achilles tendinitis, bakers cysts and blood clots all can lead to calf muscle pains. You may try taking anti-inflammatory medications, hot and cold fomentation. Certain vitamin and mineral deficiencies can also lead to calf muscle pains. A complete clinical check up may be helpful. If you are not satisfied with your doctor’s opinion seeking  a second opinion may provide reassurance.
Best of luck and regards!