Birth Control (Contraception) Community
PLEASE HELP! :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

PLEASE HELP! :(

I'm on Sprintec 28 birth control and this is the week on my normal period but I've been bleeding for I've 2 weeks now. Is it possible I am pregnant or going through a miscarriage? Or does anyone know what could be wrong? Please please help me!!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Without a complete evaluation it may be difficult for me to detect the exact cause and treatment of your condition. Breakthrough bleeding, nausea and bloating are few common side effects of Sprintec and in case of heavy vaginal bleeding between periods you should report to the doctor immediately. The bleeding you are having seems quite heavy and is affecting your work life. Pregnancy and miscarriage is a possibility but can be confirmed only after a thorough medical history and work up. Visit your treating gynecologist for a detailed examination, blood tests and ultrasound scan to look for underlying cause for your symptoms. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!