Paragard expulsion probability and solutions
I had Paragard inserted nearly a week ago.  The cramps and bleeding have not been heavy but they have been continuous.  I don't know how much longer I should expect them to last or how concerned I should be that this is a sign my body is trying to expel it.  I have never given birth and I have read some statistics about expulsion during the first year that are a bit worrisome, especially as far as it influences its effectiveness as a contraceptive.  

My questions:

Is it a good idea to use spermicide in combination with the IUD?

Will a drug like Ibuprofen lessen the cramps and bleeding?  If so how long can I take it on a daily basis?  
Hello there,
Few women may have heavy bleeding and cramping during the first few weeks or months after insertion. There are chances that ParaGard could partially or completely slip out of the uterus. This is more likely to happen during the first few months of use .The ParaGard IUD must be removed if it becomes partially expelled. If you are doubtful it is best to get it checked. Visit your gynecologist for more queries and assistance. A clinical examination may be helpful in determining whether it has been expelled or is in place. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!