Paragard (pain)
Got the IUD (paragard) put in a week ago. I am having pain on my left side right above my pelvic. I noticed that there is a lump there feels swollen.
I can't take any pain medication due to the camera thing they are doing next weds to check out my bladder (they are putting me under) so no blood thinners. Before though I was taking Ibuprofen but I still had pain. It hurts more when I'm walking especially if I have on high hills. I guess because I'm bouncing more.
Hi there,
Any lump in the pelvic area needs evaluation. The possible causes of lump could be enlarged lymph nodes, ovarian cysts, hernia or any condition related to the kidneys or ureter.After ParaGard is inserted, you may experience mild to moderate abdominal cramping or pain but it usually subsides over several hours or days. It is best to get a thorough clinical check up done. An ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis may provide some information. Do write to me again.
Take care and regards!