Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Paragard side effect?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Paragard side effect?

I got paragard put in about 2 days ago and the cramping was terrible, but that isnt what im worried about.  I started spoting almost immediately after it was put it which i read was normal but it seems like there are little chunks of flesh in the blood which is what worries me? Was it put in wrong or something?
You should get a pelvic examination done and the cause of these fleshy chunks ruled out from a gynecologist. Trauma and side effects of the birth control should be ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.