Period after r year on Mirana
Hi i have been on the mirana for about a year. Before being on it i had irregular periods and right after i had my daughter on November 2011 the doctor asked what type of birth control i wanted. I decided with mirana and had it on december 2011. Well just yesterday December 1, i got a really bad ovary pain and then a pelvic pain. I ran to the restroom and was bleeding. I bleed all day today and i am cramping like no other is this normal like im getting my period back or what? Has anyone gone thru this if so can you help me understand a bit more..

Thank you Maddiesmom11211
Yes I have it is normal for that to happen I was on it for 3 years before I got off of it
I was using this for 4 years and due to it about 3 years in I got really bad cramps. But my periods stopped withing that first year. I went to the er (when I had it removed) and the told me that it caused PID and 3 ovarian cyst. I don't recommend this because of it. But overal I got pregnant 3 month after it removal.