Pill Confusion
I am so confused about the pill. I am currently taking Dianette although I am actually not sexually active as my partner is away until a few months time so I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared and taking it correctly by this time. I have several questions in isolation:

1) Is it normal that sometimes I don't start bleeding on my seven day break until about 3 or 4 days in? If this happens and I am therefore still bleeding when day one comes back around do I just start taking my next pack as normal? Am I still protected from day 1 of the new pack?

2) Should there be a month whereby I accidentally have a 9 or so day break instead of 7 will I be protected again from the next day I do take it? I have heard that the worst time to miss a pill is at the beginning or end of a pack so if no, how do I get back to ensuring I'm taking it correctly? Is it best to wait a whole month and start taking the pill on the first day of my next period as you would when first starting on the pill?

3) I am concerned about when my partner and I go travelling in a few months time because I sometimes get a dodgy tummy when I travel. If this happens, is a different contraception method preferable or am I ok as long as I've had that day's pill in my system for a certain number of hours?

Thank you

I don't take the same birth control, but I can answer the questions that are fairly general.

1) I'd consider this normal.  Your body has to have time to react to the lack of hormones and trigger you to start your period since you're not ovulating.  Start taking it as normal when you are due.

2) Take your pill the day the new pack is due to start.  Don't take risks.  There are seven days for your break and no more.

3) You should be fine as long as you don't throw up right after taking it and have had a few hours time to absorb it.  I would probably use a back-up method until your stomach settles.