Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Pill Worries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Pill Worries

I have been on the pill since April of this year&2 months ago I didn't have a monthly due to missing pills. Last month I had brown discharge for about 7 days on&off after my period. This month I am due for my period in a few days but have been discharging brown&bleeding like I'm on period. Should I be worried?
You should have had a period when you missed pills.  Your body should have sensed the lack of hormones and gone ahead and started it.  If your bleeding is anything like what has become normal for you when it comes to your periods while on birth control, then I wouldn't worry, but if it's abnormal, go ahead and get a test just to be on the safe side.  There's always a chance when you miss pills that pregnancy can occur.  The pill is about as effective as a condom when used correctly--taken daily at the same time without missing--but each missed pill raises your chances of becoming pregnant more and more.  I don't know if you missed just one (not really anything to worry about depending on the week) or missed more than that, but it is important to take it consistently.  Best of luck!
I read in the phamplet that if I miss 3 doses in a 3 wks to discontinue my pills on Sunday&start a fresh pack. It said I might not get a period so I took one pregnancy test a week after what would be the end of supposedly period&it was negative. Then I took another after that&it was negative too. I even went to my Dr&had a pregnancy test done there&it was negative too. So I know I'm not pregnant.