Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Placebo pills

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Placebo pills

My boyfriend and I had sex the Sunday I started my new birthcontrol pack. It was a few hours before I started my new pack and it was after 7 days of the placebo pills in which I'd had my period. My period was already gone by then but after 7 days of the placebo pills could the protection not be as strong? I know you should be converted for those blank pills but still just a little worried.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
These sugar pills are to give you a chance to have a withdrawal bleeding to simulate a period even though it hasn’t built up a lining. They are taken just to ensure continuity in taking pills. If you have taken your pills as directed for the entire cycle then you should have almost less than a 1% chance of getting pregnant. Do write to us again with more queries. Keep us posted.
Best luck and warm regards!