Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Positive Pregnancy Test and Nuvaring and Bleeding - huh?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I started the Nuvaring right after a m/c.  Three weeks and 3 days later wondering when my period will start.  Woke this morning thinking maybe I am pregnant.  I had been having that feeling but thought it was just 'residual' thoughts of the recent pregnancy.  I took a pregnancy test...positive.  But less than 2 hours later I'm bleeding.  I go back to look at the test just to make sure I saw what I saw...and yes it is.  My question is can I really be pregnant (I guess anything is possible) after a m/c and on the Nuvaring?  Could this be a false positive?  I'm quite confused.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I had a MC in Dec 06 and got on Nuvaring a few weeks later (when I should have gotten my period) I found out I was pregnant again, so it is definitley possible! I would go into your Dr right away if you are having bleeding, because it could be another threatened MC, in my case my Dr put me on progestrone (after I found out I was pregnant) to help the baby implant right and help me not MC. although the bleeding could also be caused by being pregnant so soon after a MC and your system still adjusting. you pregnancy test should not still being showing positive from the MC at this point, so it is probably another pregnancy. my Dr told me that it sometimes happens, because you are actually more fertile for the first 3 months after a MC. Good luck and see your Dr as soon as you can! if you have any other questions or want talk feel free to message me!
Thank you for the information.  This was really helpful.  I will be calling my Dr tomorrow and see what exactly is going on with me.  I will let you know what happens.
Did you ever have bloodwork after your m/c, indicating that it was complete?  If not:

There are 2 possibilities...either you have residual pregnancy tissue left over in your uterus, or you have a new pregnancy.  

You need to see your OB to determine which scenario is happening.

I just called my GYN she said that I needed to seen...I am waiting to schedule an appointment right now.  

I started thinking that could be the case...the residual tissue left over.  I did have blood work done before I started the Nuvaring to confirm I didn't have any pregnancy hormones left.  

I will be going in to get bloodwork done in a half hour