Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Possibly Pregnancy/switching BC?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Possibly Pregnancy/switching BC?

Last Thursday I had my IUD removed (not in place correctly after a year and a half), and was started on the pill the same day. Since Friday, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex a couple of times (most recent was Tuesday). I forgot to take my pill Tuesday and Wednesday night (took both the next morning as soon as I had realized). So my question is, is there a chance of pregnancy? I don't really have any symptoms, but I'm assuming it'd be too early anyway.
Yes, too soon for unprotected sex.  You uterus would still need some time to heal from removal, which it might not be able to sustain a pregnancy the first month after removal, but it's definitely not impossible.  Use backup, like condoms and spermicide.  Also, try setting an alarm for the same time each day to take your pill, leave bottled water and the pack right next to you to take quickly each day and this will become routine, helping you to stay on it steadily.

Good luck to you.