Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Postinor 2 side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Postinor 2 side effects

Hi all, I took EC postinor 2 after protected intercourse about 40 hrs later but was worried about pre *** getting onto the condom with his hands (condom had problem sliding down but it finally did) before we had intercourse. My LMP was on 14 th oct. did it on 20th oct. took EC On 22nd afternoon 3 ish. Yesterday before sleeping I was bleeding bright red. Realise this after using my vibrator but I don't think it's cause by the vibrator as ive used it tons and never bled before. Today 25/10 went to toilet and wipe and saw blood and I felt inside my cervix it was wet and felt bloody and I took my fingers out and wipe on a tissue and it was very bright red. What could this mean? I also have bad headache and slight abdominal cramps. Thank you. :)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Emergency contraception is almost 80-85% effective if taken between 24-48 hours and 50-55% effective if taken between 48-72 hours.Headache, dizziness, breast tenderness and vaginal bleeding are  the common side effects of taking emergency contraceptive pills. A few women may experience light bleeding in the days after taking Postinor-2. This is not a normal period and is nothing to worry about. If the bleeding is persistent or severe consult a gynecologist. Hope it helps.
Best of luck and kind regards!
Im bleeding again less than 4 days after taking the EC. Does this mean it worked? And does bleeding means pregnancy did not occur? Just afraid of pre ejaculate on condom tip